ART SHOULD DISTURB THE COMFORTABLE AND COMFORT THE DISTURBED

MAIL ART + ART & TRAVEL JOURNALS

+ ALTERED BOOKS + OTHER CRAFTS

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Pen Pal Friendship Books

Way back in 1969, I saw my first Friendship Book (fb). What is a friendship book? It is a little handmade booklet or sheet of paper (usually decorated) that you place your name and interests in and what you look for in a pen pal and then you pass it onto another pen pal and so it travels around the world and hopefully returns to the maker or to whom you have made it for.

More Info:

WHAT IS A FRIENDSHIP BOOK

They were all the rage through the 1970's, 1980's and died out a little in the 1990's with the advent of emails etc. But now they are making a comeback and I want to help that along! Here are some that I have made recently for my pen-pals.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment